2019 HONDA INDY GRAND PRIX OF ALABAMA
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM SPONSORED BY
Volunteers play a vital role in the success of the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama, which benefits Racing for Children's (Children's of Alabama). We will be enlisting the help
of approximately 300 volunteers to work on various committees, and we want to ensure that each individual has a once-in-a-lifetime experience! With volunteer positions available throughout the track, volunteers say their behind-the-scenes access is what keeps them coming back year after year!
We are proud to have Sirote back again as our 2019 Volunteer Program sponsor. Their support allows us to provide an unparalleled volunteer experience for our army of over 300 volunteers!
Volunteers are assigned to a variety of committees, performing the many tasks required to conduct an Indy Car event. All Volunteers are required to work a minimum of 2 shifts over the course of the weekend. Shifts are approximately 5-6 hours long, but can vary depending on the committee. Volunteers are welcome to work more than 2 shifts if they would like.
Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama asks that all volunteers purchase a Volunteer Uniform Package. The package fee subsidizes the cost of the volunteer uniform and other package items, and thereby supports the tournament's endeavor to generate more funds to donate and distribute to Racing for Children's.
NEED MORE INFO?
- LevelWear Polo
- Ball cap
- 10th Anniversary lanyard
- Two (2) 3-day tickets w/KAMTEK garage access
- Volunteer credential
- Premium on-site parking pass (on days of shifts)
- Meals, snacks & beverages while on shift
- Complimentary volunteer tent camping (discounted RV Camping) (limited availability)
- Volunteer cookout on Saturday night at the track
(Retail value of perks package: $350+)
*early bird special pricing ends February 22nd!
Each volunteer is given the opportunity to select up to three committee preferences. Volunteers will be notified of their committee assignment after we receive and process your application. Positions are granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Once a committee is full, it will no longer be available for you to select during registration.
- A-Team - A "utility" position, A-TEAM volunteers will perform a variety of tasks throughout the event. This position is ideal for the problem solver that's not afraid to fill in with different committees at different times.
- Communications/Shipping and Receiving - Communications is responsible for charging and distributing radios. In addition, this committee will also oversee event shipping and receiving. Volunteers will Receive and inventory daily packages and shipment arrivals for the event staff, sponsors, teams etc. Volunteers will also oversee the distribution of these packages to the appropriate event sponsors, teams, etc. Must be willing and able to do moderate lifting.
- Guest Services/Fan Zone - Responsible for helping run the Guest Services Program. This includes Lost & Found, Park/Event Information, Junior Program and much more. Also, this position is responsible for making sure spectator foot traffic is flowing freely and spectators/vendors are following park rules.
- Hillside Marshals - Responsible for marshaling the spectator areas to keep pop-up tents behind the designated line and enforcing park rules.
- Media - Responsible for assisting media personnel in the Media Center
- Paddock Credentials - Responsible for the signing of waivers and selling Kamtek Garage passes for spectators entering the garage area.
- Paddock Marshals - Responsible for pedestrian and vehicular traffic in the KAMTEK Garage area.
- Product Distribution - Responsible for making sure all coolers are filled with drinks and water each morning and replenished throughout the day.
- Race Control Security - Responsible for checking credentials and monitoring security at the Race Control Building.
- Shuttles - Responsible for driving shuttle vans to transport media, teams, sponsors, VIPs, and other guests around Barber Motorsports Park.
- Sponsor Relations - Responsible for checking credentials at the hospitality entrances as well as ensuring the sponsors’ needs are met.
- Sports Car Corral - Responsible for managing the official Sports Car Corral, including pre-event organization, on-site parking and management of weekend activities.
- Volunteer Headquarters - Responsible for checking-in volunteers, distributing meal vouchers, assisting volunteers to get to their committee location, setting up food for meals, coffee, selling/exchanging volunteer merchandise and packets, and other various duties to make sure the Volunteer Headquarter space is clean and organized.
CHECK OUT OUR FAQ's page for more details about volunteering out at Barber Motorsports Park!
We would like to thank our volunteer partners for the 2019 Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama presented by America's First! Please consider them for their services next time you have a need.