ABOUT BARBER HISTORICS
For the third year in a row at Barber Motorsports Park, comes an event that’s one of a kind. From the beautiful one of a kind sports cars racing on the track to the tasty KCBS sanctioned barbeque competition off the track. Historic Motorsports Association (HMSA) is bringing some of the world’s finest automobiles ageing from the early days of the sport all the way up through the 1980s to compete on the 2.38 mile long road course. The sports/racing car themed swap meet presented by Metal Rescue will be open all weekend, as well as the Hendrick Automotive Group car show featuring some the South’s most exotic cars.
ADA accessible viewing is located next to Turn 14 and adjacent to Lot E. Spectators needing assistance can ride one of the trams to move throughout the park. These trams will run continuously throughout each day of the race weekend.
ADA parking is located on site at Turn 14, in Lot D and adjacent to the ADA viewing area in Lot E.
Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport - MORE INFORMATION
No alcoholic beverages may be served or sold to anyone under the age of twenty-one (21) years. There shall be no consumption of alcohol on the shuttles from any of the parking lots.
There will be one (1) America's First ATM machine located in the Castrol Fan Zone.
Cameras are permitted for general spectator use throughout the weekend.
Concessions will be located in the Castrol Fan Zone, Lot E, and the paddock.
Spectators are allowed to bring coolers on-site. All coolers are subject to reasonable inspection before entering and/or at anytime throughout the race weekend. There shall be no consumption of alcohol on the shuttles.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP
Drop-off and pick-up will be at the Credential Building located right outside Gate 2.
For your safety, comfort, and viewing pleasure, ear protection is advised for all spectators. To purchase yours, please visit our official Event Merchandise vendors located throughout Barber Motorsports Park.
FIRST AID LOCATIONS
Spectators in need of medical attention should visit the First Aid location. Additionally, there will be Birmingham Fire and Rescue units staged at the Turn 2/3 viewing area, the back straight viewing area, and the Turn 15/16 viewing area. There is also a Birmingham Fire & Rescue location in the Paddock by Gate 17.
Kids 15 and under are admitted free to the races when accompanied by a ticketed adult each day of the race weekend.
- No entrance into restricted areas without proper credentials.
- No pets on facility grounds except those required to assist handicapped individuals.
- No jumping of fences
- No glass containers allowed on property at any time
- No flying drones of any kind allowed at any time without express written permission.
- Spectators are not allowed to rope off any areas. Scaffolding is prohibited.
- Speed limits: Posted speed limits must be obeyed at all times. Where not posted otherwise: Speed limit is fifteen (15) miles per hour throughout BPM Perimeter Road and five (5) miles per hour in the paddock.
- All trash must be placed in proper trash receptacles
- Management may expel or bar any individual for violation of any rule, as determined by management's sole discretion
- No flyers or handbills may be distributed unless prior approval is obtained from management
- No fireworks, firearms, or weapons are permitted on facility grounds
- Golf carts, four wheelers, pit cars, pit bikes, bicycles, and other pit vehicles are permitted in the paddock area only. Common sense and care must be applied in their use. All drivers/riders of pit vehicles must carry a valid driver's license and operate vehicles only on paved surfaces.
- Motor vehicles operating outside the paddock MUST BE street legal and helmets are required for two-wheeled vehicles.
- Minors are not allowed to operate bicycles at any time anywhere at BMP.
- Parent must accompany minors at all times while in the paddock.
- No skateboards, roller skates, roller blades, razor scooters, or any similar type items allowed anywhere at BMP.
- No alcohol allowed in the paddock
- No smoking around team areas or fueling areas
- Smoking in any building is strictly prohibited. Please do not throw extinguished cigarettes on the ground.
- Do not damage grassed areas
- No campfires or ground fires allowed on park property. Charcoal grills are allowed only in camping areas. Propane grills are allowed in the paddock.
- No spectators allowed on track at any time
- No stakes of any kind may be driven into paved surfaces; care must be taken when vehicle jacks are used to prevent the jack from sinking into a paved surface (such as placing a large enough piece of wood under the jack so that the weight is distributed over enough area that the pavement will not get "dented"). Kick stands on asphalt must have something under them to distribute the weight.
- Helmets must be worn on perimeter road at all times when operating two wheeled motorized vehicles.
- Cameras, lawn chairs, and blankets are welcome. Coolers are allowed, but are subject to search by the
- Park security or Park management.
- Overnight camping- please see specific rules and regulations pertaining to overnight camping
- No abusive behavior or vandalism. Either could result in ejection and/or arrest
- No unlawful activities. Federal, state, and local laws must be obeyed.
Parking is free onsite at the Barber Motorsports Park.
Bring your personal headphones to hear all on-track action broadcasted on 93.1 FM.
If it rains on any day of the race weekend, the races will continue as long as it is deemed safe to do so. All Corporate Hospitality will be open every day rain or shine. The sanctioning bodies and event staff will always keep spectators informed at the earliest possible moment of any changes made on this policy based upon situational circumstances.
Restrooms are located throughout the park, mostly adjacent to viewing and concession areas.
A variety of ticket options are available for purchase online to be printed instantly or at the main gate.
Will Call will be located in the Credentials Building at Gate 2.
For the most up to date information, please tune your radio to 106.3 FM. If inclement weather is approaching, special PA announcements will be made continuously during the period of potential inclement weather. Spectators will be made aware of the impending weather or advised to take immediate precautions prior to the race event being suspended. The following is a list of weather warning scenarios:
- Scenario 1: Rain showers in the vicinity: Spectators will be alerted that rain showers are in the area, but racing will continue.
- Scenario 2: Severe Weather Warning: Spectators will be alerted that severe weather is in the area. Racing will continue until officials determine that the safety of the competitors and spectators is at risk. In the event of a severe weather warning, please take shelter in the following locations:
- In your vehicle
- Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum
- Race Control and Shower Tower - Available in the Paddock
- Permanent Buildings in Lot E
- PA announcements will be made continuously during the period of inclement weather.
- Racing will continue promptly after the storm clears.